I made it! It's just around 8 pm in Paris right now and I'm so happy to be here. Just a quick update tonight but after customs allowed me to enter the country, me and my three bags were greeted by two adorable girls in matching outfits (Valentine and Clemence). As soon as they gave my knees a hug, I knew this was the right family. They led me over to their mother (my host mom, Virginie) who was waiting with a sleeping two year old boy (Louis). The girls chatted in very quick French which was occasionally broken up by Louis making the noise of an animal or saying "TineTine" (the name he calls Valentine).
After the car ride home, we had some lunch, I was shown to my room and
then Virginie gave me a tour of the neighborhood including where the
girls go to school, art class and dance lessons. I got a quick rundown
of my daily schedule and now the rest of the evening is mine to unpack
and give Skype tours of my apartment. Bonsoir and I'll talk all about
the kids next time when I've gotten a bit more sleep.
 |
| The gifts that were in my room from the girls |
Sounds like a great start to your journey!
ReplyDelete